Hydrotherapy Pool: The game changer
Living on the Sunshine Coast or nearly everywhere in Australia we spend time in water. In fact 85% of Australians live within 50km of the ocean and in Queensland approx. 20% of households own a pool. Do you have a goal you wish to achieve that is water based? You need to read about our in house Hydrotherapy pool
An exciting reminder, our very own hydrotherapy pool at Enhanced Living is operating to support our participants in achieving their water based goals. The hydrotherapy pool will provide multiple services for each individuals conditions, requirements and goals. These services include:
Individual 1:1 physiotherapy and exercise physiology session
High level activities including running & aqua aerobics
Swimming activities for re-training, learning and therapeutic reasons
The pool is fully accessible by all, making it a therapy that both ambulatory and non-ambulatory patients can use. The temperature can be controlled by the therapist to accommodate various conditions and participants needs.
Benefits of Hydrotherapy:
The therapeutic properties of water combined with the skills and specialized training of our allied health professionals are a superb combination that can help address the rehabilitation needs of participants. These benefits may include but not limited to:
- The water environment allows for high levels of energy expenditure with relatively little strain on the body.
- The buoyant force of water results in up to a 90% reduction in body weight in the water dependent on depth of the pool.
- Allows for greater freedom of movement.
- Water-based exercise can decrease anxiety and depression and improve mood, which ultimately helps promote independent function.
- Water-based activities make it an ideal choice of modality for improving the health of a wide variety of participants.
- Benefit in regaining range of motion, balance, muscle control, and improved independence with function and mobility.
- Increasing cardiorespiratory fitness to enhance duration of land-based activity participation
- Families who have children with disabilities identify swimming as their most popular physical activity and overall favourite activity
- Children with mild to severe ASD can achieve water safety skills with trained health professionals
What conditions can be treated in the Hydrotherapy pool?
Aquatic therapy provides multiple positive outcomes for various conditions. All of which are back by the latest evidence. Conditions that will benefit from specialised aquatic services include:
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Acquired Brain Injuries (including stroke)
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Cerebral Palsy
- Muscular Dystrophies
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- And many more….
Would you benefit from our Hydrotherapy service? Book now to start moving better!